You might have heard about orange juice and watermelon juices, but have you heard about ABC juice? It’s a juice skincare junkies and health freaks are gulping down in the hope to get glowing skin and to attain “pink health” by infusing the body with loads of vitamins and other nutrients. Individuals are getting hooked to this drink, thinking they can load the body with numerous nutrients in one go, all within a fewer calories. But what’s ABC juice? ABC juice is a natural drink made by blending three main ingredients – apples, carrots, and beetroot. The name “ABC” comes from the first letter of each of these ingredients. ABC juice is hailed for its ability to flush out toxins from the body along with boosting immunity, apart from its anti-ageing benefits. But is ABC juice good for weight loss? Let’s find out:
What makes ABC juice a popular health drink are its main ingredients. Here’s what they add to this vibrant beverage:
Ingredients of ABC Juice:
As mentioned above, the main ingredients of this juice are apple, beetroot, and carrot. Some people additionally add rock salt, lemon, black pepper, and even honey for extra taste, but a majority just stick to just these three ingredients with maybe a small slice of ginger to prevent digestive issues. Also read: “Why Should We Stop Having Packaged Fruit Juices?”
1. Apples: “An apple a day keeps the doctor away!” This age-old saying holds relevance because apples are a nutrient-rich fruit, known for their dietary fiber content, particularly pectin, which supports digestive health and helps regulate blood sugar levels. Its’s full of nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin A, and minerals like potassium, which regulates blood pressure and muscle contractions, along with small amounts of B vitamins and various minerals like calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus. These fruits are packed with antioxidants, including flavonoids and phenolic compounds, and phytochemicals like quercetin, contributing to anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. Fructose is the sugar found in apples.
2. Carrots: Carrots are a highly nutritious vegetable, well-known for their rich vitamin and mineral content. They have high levels of beta-carotene, a pre-cursor for vitamin A, which is essential for maintaining good vision, a strong immune system, and healthy skin. Carrots also have vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin K. Carrots also contain important minerals like potassium, as well as dietary fiber, which aids in digestion. These vegetables are packed with antioxidants, such as carotenoids, known to fight free radicals. Additionally, carrots offer phytochemicals like lutein and zeaxanthin, beneficial for eye health, and polyacetylenes.
3. Beetroot: This juice gets its deep red color from the beetroot. Beets are known for their high levels of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. It offers dietary fiber, which supports digestive health, and contains key vitamins and minerals, including folate, vitamin C, potassium, and iron. Rich in phytonutrients like betalains, it possesses antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Additionally, beetroot contains betaine, an amino acid that promotes protein synthesis, improves body composition and promotes fat loss.
It’s worth noting that ABC juice can be customized based on personal preferences. As mentioned above, some variations may include additional ingredients like ginger, lemon, honey, and black pepper for added flavor, but the basic recipe includes just 1 medium-sized apple, 1 medium-sized beetroot, and one small beetroot, which are peeled and blended together in a juicer or blender, and served fresh. This juice is simple to make and is a cost-effective health tonic.
But is it good for weight loss? There are few issues that we would like to address.
Here are the issues:
1. It cannot replace a meal – since it’s not filling and lacks so many other nutrients, you cannot expect to lose weight drinking just ABC juice day in and day out. It can be part of a healthy diet, but cannot be the “entire diet.” Consume ABC juice in moderation, and make sure you are eating wholesome meals with protein, carbs, and healthy fats as well.
2. If you are an individual with a high risk factor for developing kidney stones, avoid excess consumption of vegetables like spinach and beetroot as they are associated with development of kidney stones.
3. Juices, even if it’s ABC juice, would spike blood sugar, and trigger insulin release, and the subsequent slump in blood sugar will leave you hungry short after. Do not replace meals with juices to avoid frequent hunger pangs. Also read: “Can you Lose Weight By Drinking Only Fruit Juices?”
Summing up, we would recommend having a whole apple as a snack to get its fiber benefits as well. You can combine apple, carrot, beetroot in a salad and that would support your weight loss goals by a great deal. You can also have apple slices with peanut butter as a delicious mid-day snack. Beetroot raita is also a popular meal option. Do not make the mistake of replacing meals with ABC juice or going on a
“juice-only” diet because you are bound to get disappointed with the results! To lose weight successfully, you need diet plans such as on the Rati Beauty app. Subscribe to the Rati Beauty app to access all our plans including the Speed Slim diet plans.
Why Should We Stop Having Packaged Fruit Juices?
Can you Lose Weight By Drinking Only Fruit Juices?